Vilar Performing Arts Center Facility Information
The Vilar Performing Arts Center is located at 68 Avondale Lane in the Market Square building, directly beneath the Black Family Ice Rink on Beaver Creek Plaza. Vehicular and pedestrian entrance available from Avondale Lane with pedestrian access also available from the escalators on the plaza level.
The Vilar Performing Arts Center is a 535 seat proscenium venue with stage rigging, production, and backstage accommodations to host touring Broadway performances, full orchestras and touring dance companies. Full technical information is linked below.
The May Gallery
Adjacent to the balcony entrances of the theater, the May Gallery features a 2,000 square-foot lounge designed by Savage & Associates of Encino, California. Velvet couches, cloth walls and a grand piano lend to the beauty of the Gallery and compliment the antique architectural drawings on permanent loan from Peter and Leni May. Patrons Society members may visit the May Gallery before or after performances and it is also available for private functions.
The auditorium and lobby areas are also available private functions such as elegant dinners, cocktail receptions, film presentations, and company meetings. For complete facility rental information, please click here. For facility rental requests please contact Chris Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VPAC Technical Information
Check out VPAC Technical Director Erik Brown's article about the latest sound system upgrades: "Consistent Committment: A Steady Path to Higher Production Values at Peforming Arts Venue".
VPAC Bag and Prohibited Items Policy
All bags and persons entering the venue are subject to search. VPAC management reserves the right to refuse entrance to any item deemed a potential safety or security risk or with the potential to be a distraction to the event being held. Prohibited items:
- ALL OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- Bags and backpacks and other oversize items (only personal items that could fit under your seat)
- Marijuana and drugs without a prescription
- Audio or video recording devices, GoPros, professional cameras or cameras with removable lenses (no professional photography without authorization), selfie sticks.
- Weapons of any kind or items construed as weapons
- Open flame
- Laser pointers
- Pets (service animals exempt)
- Noise-making devices or bullhorns
- Any additional items security determines could potentially distract from the audience’s safety and enjoyment